Electrician In Los Angeles – Appliance Warning Signs
As a electrician in Los Angeles we are often called out to deal with issues where the impact had been reduced if spotted/dealt with earlier.
Whilst we would not expect homeowners or business managers to be experts there are a few tell tale signs that you may have an electrical problem that needs addressing.
We recommend if you spot any of these that you do not ignore them and if in doubt call an electrician in Los Angeles as soon as possible.
You Get A Shock When You Touch An Appliance
Electric shocks should be taken seriously. In the home they are a sign that an appliance has a fault and this can be extremely dangerous.
There could be a number of different faults that If you touch an appliance and you get an electric shock then we recommend you stop using the appliance and get it repaired before using it again.
Sparks and Burning
One of the easiest ways to identify a potentially hazardous appliance is if an appliance sparks or creates a burning odour when plugged in.
Sparks and burning odours should be treated in the same way as electric shocks. If you experience them you should turn off affected appliances and get an electrician in Los Angeles.
Circuit Breaker Trips Frequently
Your circuit breaker is designed to prevent fires. When overloaded they automatically break the circuit and safeguard the connected appliances. If the circuit breaker is being tripped regularly then this could be the sign that there is an underlying hazard that is causing the problem.
These are just three tips that can help you identify issues that need to be addressed within your home or place of business.
If you are ever in doubt the safest thing to do is seek professional assistance, you can do this by finding an electrician in Los Angeles such as BK Electric.